Monday, March 5, 2007

And A Month Goes By....

Okay so I am a bad blog updater.....

As I mentioned on Feb 4th I didn't really have anything to update, but that soon changed.

February 9th - After being up all night violently ill with the stomach bug I was home laying on the couch trying to sleep after the vomiting had stopped. I finally get to sleep and the stinkin' phone rings. Much to my surprise it was PCPs office saying that they had received the news that my insurance company had approved the out-of-network visit with Dr. Graber. If I could have dragged myself off the couch and done cartwheels I would have. My PCP called Dr. Graber's office and set up an appointment for May 8th at 1pm. It was a 3 month wait, but what could I say?!?!

March 1st - I was on my way to house sit and dog sit for a good friend and I happened to call my machine on my way to their house. Much to my surprise Dr. Graber's office called and said that they had reviewed my information that I submitted online and would like to get me in sooner. It was 4:45 and the woman who called had left for the day and didn't leave a note in my file. I was told to call back in the morning.

March 2nd - Well we got quite the nasty winter mix overnight and there was a bit of ice on the ground when I went into work that morning. I got to work around 7am and let me tell you that the wait until 9am when the office opened was long :) I called at 9:05 and the woman who had called the day before was having trouble getting into work because of the weather conditions. I left a message for her. I received a call later that day from a nurse who was helping out the front desk she said she still didn't find a note in my file, but she could get me in on April 2 at 11am. Woo Hoo, 5 weeks earlier. I went on about my business and the phone rang later that afternoon. It was the original woman who left the message. She asked if I had gotten her message and I explained what had transpired since then. I told her that I had ended up with an appointment on April 2nd. She seemed confused, but told me she had an appointment on Tuesday, March 6th at 1pm for me. I almost fell off of my chair. I was soooo excited. I ended up telling one of my office mates as she was in the office when the phone calls transpired. I asked her to keep it quiet and am hoping that she will. I don't need everyone in the world to know my business especially since I haven't even told my own parents!

March 5th - The night before my consultation and I am hovering between excitement and nervousness. I can't wait to see what the Dr. has to say. My husband is coming with me and he is also looking forward to it. I have to leave work around 12:15 to get to the appointment at 1pm, with a few minutes to spare. I'm hoping the weather clears up some as it is snowy and blustery. They are expecting wind chills of 25 to 30 below zero tonight!

I'll update more tomorrow after my consultation.

No comments: