Saturday, March 31, 2007

I guess some people never grow up....

I went to my good friend's wedding today and it was a beautiful ceremony. I ended up having a anxiety attack and making myself sick though. I went and got my hair done today so that I would feel good about how I looked. I bought a dress especially for the occasion and wore new shoes that were really cute. I was really confident until two women that I know walked into the ceremony. I was polite, I smiled and waved. However what happened next made me extremely self conscious. They kept looking and me and talking and laughing, so much so that my husband even noticed. It wasn't like there was anyone behind me either, it was aimed at me. I know it is probably because they aren't happy with their lives and need to drag someone else down, but why me? I hate being fat, I hate being self conscious and most of all I hate the way people treat me because I am fat. I hope to see a different side of people after the surgery, but one thing is for sure, I will NEVER EVER treat a person the way I have been treated while being FAT!!! I was so upset today that I couldn't even stay for the reception. I was on the verge of tears I was so distraught. Thank goodness for my husband, he is the best guy in the whole world. He got me calmed down and made me laugh. It made the biggest difference in the world at least I could go home and not spend the rest of the evening in tears. Even thinking about it now, it makes me nauseous, how can people be so mean?

No comments: