Thursday, May 24, 2007

My 1st Support Group Meeting

I just got home from my first support group meeting held at the St. Lukes Home in Utica. Tracey the facilitator is a nurse on the Bariatric Surgery floor and a post-op patient herself. It was great to meet people who have or will go through with the sugery. There was one gentleman there who had surgery 3 weeks ago and lost 40 pounds already... I almost fell off my chair with that surprise. It was quite evident that people loose at different rates and ways. I also met Mary, another pre-op patient, who's surgery is scheduled the same day as mine. I gave her a hug before I left and hopefully we'll see each other after our surgeries. I feel less anxiety but more excitement after visiting with other patients.

I've come up with some goals for myself.

Be at or below 200 lbs by Christmas 2007
Be at or below 160 lbs by July 2008
Be at or below 130 lbs by October 2008

I hope that these goals are realistic and not a pipe dream. I look forward to obtaining them.....

No comments: