Sunday, July 29, 2007

Woo Hoo..... Real Food

So I'm on to real food. I'm really excited. I've tried ground beef, deli turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese sticks, protein bars, raspberries, granola.

Thursday night my husband and I went to my support group meeting and then went out to dinner. We went to the Outback Steakhouse that is nearby and I had a half order of Mum's chopped steak, minus the gravy. I only ate about a quarter of it and some mashed potatoes but it was awesome!!! Friday morning I had yogurt, granola and blueberries and I think that this is going to be my new favorite breakfast ever. I ended up having a half of a protein bar mid day as I was running around doing errands and I couldn't make it home. Its nice to know if I'm in a pinch that I can grab a Pure Protein bar which is very low in sugar 0-2gs per bar. Friday night I went out to dinner with some friends before going to see the musical "Menopause". I had a quarter of a turkey club. It was wonderful. Saturday was pretty uneventful we got home late and I had a very very small piece of a wheat crusted cheese pizza that my husband made for himself. It stopped the craving and I felt full and satisfied. I had the yogurt/granola w/raspberries to change it up a little for Sunday am. I stuck to packing my lunch since we went up to the farmhouse that we are renovating. I packed 2 slices of deli turkey, a cheese stick and 2 tbsp. of applesauce for lunch. It took me about 25 minutes to get through all of it but it set really well and I wasn't hungry again until about 7pm.

I just got back from my parents pool. I did a few laps and some arm exercises to help with the skin on my arms. I'm very paranoid about it and I want to make sure that I don't have "bat flaps." I ended up going to the gym on Friday morning and enjoyed it very much. I think that I'm going to try to go 3 times a week to see if that will work initially. I just have to figure out when will be a good time for me to go. I almost think that it may be a stress reliever if I end up going after work. I may end up wanting to go more as I end up with more energy but we'll have to see. My friend, Amanda, who has become my walking partner at work, will be back this week. I completely slacked this past week because I didn't have her as motivation as she was traveling for work. I figure if I can walk 30 minutes or more5 days a week and go to the gym 3 days a week it should help me in my effort to lose weight. I absent mindedly stepped on the scales on Saturday and ended up loosing another pound between Thursday morning and Saturday morning which brings me to a grand total of 53.5 pounds lost, 25.5 since my surgery on June 14th. I only have 29.5 pounds remaining to reach my Christmas 2007 goal. I hope that won't be a problem in the next 5 months :) It would be a great Christmas present to be less than 200 pounds..... its been 8 years since that was a reality.

No comments: