Thursday, March 15, 2007

Exercise and Nutrition Consultations

I ended up leaving work to go to the chiropractor today as my neck was really out of whack. As I was headed back to work I stopped by the house to get the mail. Much to my surprise there was another letter letting me know that my Exercise and Nutrition Consultations were scheduled for May 2nd. I was really excited to get those dates. I've added them to my calendar and I am looking forward to them.

I have officially made it a whole day without drinking any diet soda. I had 1/2 of a can last night and it actually didn't taste that good. I didn't have any craving for the bubbles today!! I'm not addicted to the caffeine like many people are, I'm addicted to the carbonation. The fact that I am finally able to go a whole day without a soda is a step in the right direction.

I'm desperately trying to make sure I stick to the plan that Dr. Graber would like me to follow. I've been trying to be really good all the time, but when I am having a hard time I try to make good choices. I have some Girl Scout Cookies and some chocolate that I ordered from co-workers that I am just going to put out at the office "Free for the Taking." All of it will be gone in about 2 minutes :)

The only people that I haven't told about the surgery are my two best friends. The first one I haven't told yet because she can be a little more opinionated than most and not as open-minded. However she is very concerned about my health and weight. I'm not sure when I am going to tell her, it may actually be after the surgery when all she can do is support me. The second one is so understanding and open-minded but she is getting married in a couple of weeks and she has been really busy. As soon as we get a chance to sit down and talk I will tell her all about my plans.

I'm going to hound my husband this weekend to get the treadmill out. I really need to start walking everyday. I have a lead on a used elliptical machine, but I'll have to be patient to see if that works out.

No comments: