Sunday, March 18, 2007

Oh My Gosh...

My surgery has been scheduled for June 7th. I found out that it had been scheduled on Dr. Graber's website. I was on his site last week and realized that there was a spot to log in to your patient account and I was really surprised. I didn't have a user id or password so I called the office late Friday afternoon. I was given my user id and password and was thrilled that I would be able to log in. When I go home Friday night I immediately logged in. It had information about my upcoming appointments and places to log my food intake and exercise. I'm assuming that this information is for after the surgery, not before. I got thinking that maybe I should create myself and excel document regarding what I've been eating and what I've been doing for exercise for backup in case the insurance company might like the information. I am so excited that they have already scheduled my surgery. My date is about 2 months earlier that I had hoped for.

I still need to call my PCP for the referrals for all of my appointments leading up to the surgery, but I figure I will wait for the paperwork from Dr. Graber's office to let me know specifically who I will be seeing so I can provide that information to my PCPs office when I call. With some of the paperwork that I have already received regarding my surgery was information about the anesthesiologists that would be available for my surgery. I have to call my insurance company to see if either of the groups is covered.

Things To Do:
1. Call Insurance Company to find out if any of the anesthesiologists will be covered
2. Call PCPs office to get referrals for my upcoming appointments processed
3. Submit paperwork at work for 2 weeks of vacation following the surgery
4. Ensure that I can work from home from time to time during the 2 weeks following the surgery
5. Get the treadmill out so that I can walk everyday regardless of the weather!

No comments: