Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Huge Day for Me

I had a great day today. I was weighed in at 9am this morning and lost another 2.3 Pounds!! Woo Hoo!! I just met with the nurse this morning and she confirmed that I was still scheduled for surgery on June 7th. She told me that I wouldn't meet with Dr. Graber again unless I wanted to prior to surgery. I'm scheduled for my next weigh in on May 31st just before my Pre-Admission Testing. I'm pretty comfortable with the procedure and what to expect. I have a great support group of friends who have been through the surgery and a wonderful supportive husband and family. I then went to meet with the Nutritionist, Christa, at 10am. She is wonderful and was very helpful. Many of my questions and concerns were addressed and I am so much more comfortable than I was before. I met with the exercise consultant at 1pm and was informed of what I should do prior to surgery and after. It was a group meeting so I didn't really feel like I made the connection with the consultant like I did with Christa. I am okay with this exercise part. I was more interested in the Nutrition part of it anyway.

I have a few personal goals before surgery:
*Loose more weight
*Walk on the treadmill 30 minutes 5 days a week
*Eat Slower and chew each bite 20 times
*Learn to not drink 3o minutes before and 45 minutes after eating

I'll do my best and that is all I can ask for. As for general goals before surgery. CLEAN my house from top to bottom. I have 1 month and 5 days so I better get cracking!!!

No comments: