Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bored Out of My Mind!!!

I am so bored I can't stand it and I've got another week to go before I am planning on going back to work. I've got the pattern down of getting up at 7am (regardless of me wanting to, thanks to my husband), having my protein shake for breakfast (hey I'm up to 3.5 ounces 3 x day) waiting an hour to start drinking water and have my meds and vitamins, then watching television, taking a shower, wandering around the house, having my protein shake for lunch, waiting another hour for water, taking a stroll outside to the mailbox then watching more television and waiting for my husband to come home. I actually received a phone call from a friend today and talked for 20 minutes which was a great thing to spice up my day.

I have to give my husband credit, as miserable as I am in the morning he makes me get up at 7am whether I want to or not. He is right when he says that I need to stay on a schedule both for my food intake and my internal clock. I just don't look forward to it as I am NOT a morning person.

I haven't been walking too much as I don't want to go out by myself during the day in case I don't feel well and my house isn't really large enough to stroll around in. I do my best, but my husband and I try to walk outside for a bit when he gets home. He is very protective of my while I am healing so he won't let me do to much. I'm very much looking forward to walking more and possibly start using that free month at the local gym after I am cleared for it by the doctor. I'm thinking I might aim for starting Saturday the 7th if they are open.

I have to say the thing that I will miss the most when I go back to work is my darling Jack Russell, Sparks. He has diligently been my protector, confidant and snuggle buddy while I've been recovering. I wish I could take him to work with me, I'd certainly be more comfortable.

My new best friend is Gas-X. I have to say they weren't kidding about having a lot of gas after surgery. I've had to take at least 1 soft gel everyday. I haven't had to resort to taking 2 at a time yet, but I'm sure at some point I will have to.

As sad as this sounds I'm looking forward to going to Walmart in the next day or two to pick up some things I will need for next week: Cottage Cheese, Yogurt, Oatmeal, Mashed Potatoes, etc. I went to visit my parent's last night and had a good time. It tired me out, but I definitely needed to get out of the house.

Update from my trip to Walmart....

Walmart kicked my butt and handed it to me on a platter. I'm exhausted. Who would have ever thought a simple trip to the grocery store 6 days after surgery would have such an impact. I had to sit down a couple of times while I was shopping. Unreal!!

No comments: