Monday, June 18, 2007

My 1st Good Day...

Today was my first good day after surgery. I felt good enough to shave my legs when I was in the shower this morning and I didn't take a nap today either.

I'm up to 2.5 ounces of protein shake 3 times a day. I just finished my shake so I'll have to wait an hour before I can start drinking water again. I might actually have some juice later on and see how that goes. I'm really looking forward to seeing what every day brings.

I did a bunch of research today on low fat and low sugar yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, and oatmeal. The thing that I was most surprised about was the differences in the yogurt. I looked at organic yogurt and normal yogurt and I was truly surprised that in a fat and sugar aspect the regular run of the mill yogurt had less fat and sugar. I've been giving a lot of thought to organic eating and I think as I am going through this process that I will give it a shot. I'm sure I won't eat 100% organically as it would be too expensive, but I am going to give it the ol' college try.

The other decision that my husband and I decided is that we hid the scale. (He actually hid it so that I can't find it) We decided that my first weigh in will be at the doctor's office on July 3rd. That way it would be more dramatic and I don't have to deal with the ups and downs of getting the anesthesia out of my system.

No comments: