Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Holy Crap.... 8 DAYS LEFT

Well 8 Days left before my surgery. I got in touch with Dr. Graber's office today and asked if they thought I was going to have to reschedule my surgery again as my insurance company hadn't rendered their decision yet. When I was talking to Katie, their insurance rep, she mentioned that she heard from Aetna and that the only thing missing was my 5 year weight history. I thought hell would freeze over before I wished I had been fat for long enough, but I did wish that today. (I hope that my weight was high enough 5 years ago to qualify for surgery as apparently I have everything else necessary.) I told Katie I would call my endocrinologist and see if they would fax over the information today. I checked back at 2pm and Katie still hadn't received the weight history so I called back my endocrinologist and basically begged them to send it over. I explained the situation again that I was scheduled for surgery next week and I really needed to get the info to Aetna so that they would hopefully approve my surgery. I was in meetings the rest of the afternoon so I wasn't able the call Katie again to see if she had received the info or not. I will try to call her first thing in the morning. I am anxious to get the answer as I don't want to have to start my three day liquid diet on Monday and then have to do it again later if the insurance company doesn't get their required info in time.

On a different note I have been trying to make up 9 hours of work time during the current pay period for the day I have my surgery so that I don't have to use all of my vacation time. As of the time I left today I only have 15 minutes left to make up. I'll try to get that done tomorrow so that I don't have to worry about making up any more time prior to my surgery.

I'm also getting anxious about telling my friends. I just had a friend invite me to go to lunch with her on June 23rd.... 9 days after my surgery and I'm not sure how to handle it. I told her that I would have to see if my husband had anything planned for us that weekend. I'm afraid of people's opinions of me having the surgery. Not that I will let that sway me in any way about having the surgery, but it will become an issue post-op. I just hope the are accepting of my decision.

No comments: