Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I just can't take it any longer

I eat tuna, cottage cheese and baked beans as my sources of protein and I can't take it any longer. I broke down and go some boca burgers (mostly soy protein) and had a half of one for dinner. It was okay but at least it was sort of like meat. I also got some firm tofu to use in chili. I put 4 cans of beans, a can of diced tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce in with 1.5 pounds of tofu and chili seasoning in my crockpot hoping that it will make something different and tolerable for my stomach. It made a boatload of it so I will have to make sure that freeze some of it before it goes bad. I'm also hoping that my husband likes it as well so that I don't have to eat it for the next year.

I've found a walking partner at work. Everyday this week we have walked around the block at work twice. This equates to about a mile in 25 minutes. It is great to get out during the day and then I can count on getting my exercise out of the way before I get home in the evening. I need to keep working with my 2 lb weights everyday and the time will fly buy until I can go to the gym on or around August 9th!!!

I'm starting to come out of my slump. I ended up calling Dr. Graber's office on Monday as I had been tired all the time for nearly 2 weeks. As it turns out it corresponded with my monthly visitor and they said that my iron probably was low during my visitors duration. Now that I've moved on from that I seem to be having more and more energy.

I'm looking forward to continuing the journey. I have my ups and downs every week, but I am working through it. I can't believe that I have lost 46.5 pounds since January 26, 2007. I'm not that far from my first 50 pound loss!!

No comments: