Friday, July 13, 2007

One Month Post-Op

Well a lot has happened in the last month, ups and downs, good and bad. I am sorry? NO WAY!!!

I got on the scales this morning and even with my monthly visitor appearing I have lost 18.5 pounds since surgery. That is 18.5 pounds in about a month!!! Holy Cow!!!

I've been doing well on my diet and seem to be feeling okay. I've been extraordinarily tired this past week and a half, but today I feel like my energy is back. Woo Hoo! I'm making the promise to myself that I need to make sure that I walk at least 30 minutes a day and using my 2 lb weights until I can start working out at the gym the second week of August.

Yesterday was my 31st birthday. My husband took me to dinner and a movie. We went to Red Lobster for dinner and I had the half order of grilled Talapia w/ seasonal vegetables and mashed potatoes. I ate just a little less than half of my fish, the summer squash out of the vegetables and some of the mashed potatoes. It was very good. I even tried a little of one of the biscuits that they serve with dinner. I wasn't a big fish fan before, but it is growing on me as I can't eat any form of poultry or meat yet. We then went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was really good. I had to laugh as it was over 2.5 hours long and I had to get up to go to the bathroom as I was sip, sip, sipping through it. :)

My awesome husband got me and iPod for my birthday so that I can now listen to my tunes while I am walking or working out. I'm really excited as I've wanted one since I started this whole process. I just have to figure out how to download music!!!

My parents are taking us to dinner tomorrow night and I already know that I am going to have some of the French Onion Soup. It is so awesome. I'm sure I will have some grilled or broiled fish as well, but the highlight will be the soup!!

I've become an avid cottage cheese and tuna fish person. I tend to always eat cottage cheese for breakfast and either tuna or baked beans for lunch. I don't do tuna everyday as a girl in the office is pregnant and it drives her insane when I eat it. She only works 3 days a week and the days she isn't there I always eat tuna :). I've got green beans and squash to make for my vegetables since I am all carroted out. I also had watermelon for the first time yesterday and it was wonderful!! I'm hanging in there, but boy will I be happy when I can slowly add in other things over time.

No comments: