Sunday, September 23, 2007

What a week !!!!

I'm really glad that I survived this past week. It was a long one. Monday wasn't too bad, we went to see Larry the Cable Guy and had a blast. My husband wasn't feeling too well, but he toughed it out to go with me :) Tuesday was okay for the most part, but my husband, an asthmatic, had a really rough day. He ended up at urgent care and they gave him some heavy duty meds and nebulized him. I ended up leaving work early to come home and "monitor" him. All I could think of is that he'd fall asleep and stop breathing. Yuck!! All ended up well by the next morning. However, Wednesday brought more trials and tribulations. My mother had surgery that day and all went well with the surgery, however after surgery she had a reaction to the Demerol that they were giving her. She is usually a very nice person for the most party, but became a wacko because of the pain medicine. The doctors and nursing staff had to sedate her and then had to have a 24 hour watch on her until they could get the Demerol out of her system. So due to that Thursday and Friday were not the most relaxing days for me. Saturday dawned much brighter, my mother woke up as a normal human being and actually came home today.

Now, I am dealing with my own demons. I am now down to a size 16.... WOO HOO!!! which is really awesome, however I'm losing my hair. I'm not ripping it out, not that this week hasn't warranted it, and it just keeps on coming out!!! I've started to take Biotin to try to help this situation but it won't be an overnight fix. I knew it was likely after having surgery, but it is still nerve racking to have it happen. I also feel like I've fallen off the band wagon with eating. I'm afraid that I've stretched my pouch and that I am going to get fat. I have been very strict today and I plan on being abnormally strict with my diet for the next few weeks. I'm hoping that the next time that I'll be relatively bad is on my 3rd wedding anniversary that is coming up in
October. Until then I will be eating a lot of protein and vegetables and cutting way down on the carbohydrates. I'm also going to step up my exercise. I will walk at least 30 minutes per day as well as keep working my way up in time on the Elliptical. The last time I was on it I only did 12 minutes. My goal is to do at least 30 minutes per day by this time next month!! I will also continue to work my way up on weight and the number of reps that I can do on the weight bench. I have to remind my husband to help me find the "dumbbells" that we have around the house so that I can work on my wings as they are definitely going to be a problem area.

So in a nutshell this has been my week. I'm hoping that this week will be much better!!!

No comments: