Thursday, October 4, 2007

Plateau..Hair Falling Out...Not Enough Protein...What else can happen?

Wow, so the past couple of weeks have been a little scary. It started out with a plateau that lasted a solid two weeks which was nerve racking because that hasn't happened before. That made me feel like I was a failure and that I was going to gain weight. Well I tried to take it in stride and took a look at what I was eating and my ratio of protein to carbs. As it turns out I was heavy on the carbs.... I've re-evaluated things and I am now forcing more protein on myself which I can say has made me feel better. In the middle of my plateau my hair started falling out... its disgusting. I can't stand it. I've started taking Biotin 2 times a day and have gotten myself Nioxin Shampoo to see if that would help in any way too. At the rate I'm going I'll be bald by Christmas!!

The good news however is that I weighed myself this morning and am now down to 203.5 so my plateau is officially over. I'm still hoping that I can get to 199.5 before our Anniversary on Tuesday, but I'm not going to hold my breath. After all, 200 pounds was my goal for Christmas so I am way ahead of my plan. I'll be happy with whatever I get!!

I'm looking forward to the weekend as it a 4 day weekend for me, which makes me happy. I'm hoping to catch up with some quilting and maybe some cleaning :)

No comments: