Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What a Difference

Who would have thought cutting out diet soda would make such a difference in how I feel. I am completely off of soda and have been for about a week and a half and I feel such a big difference. I actually enjoy water now. I like it plain, with lemon, and of course with any variation of Crystal Light there is. You have to love the little packets to go - they're awesome!!!

I went out to dinner with my husband tonight and he really noticed a big difference in how and what I ate. I was eating much slower and savoring everything. I also didn't eat nearly as much as I have in the past. I had some soup and a slice of bread. About 1/2 of my dinner entree and we shared a piece of coconut cream pie of which he probably had most of of it, but that is okay we enjoyed ourselves. I don't even feel the urge to have soda when he has it anymore which is a-okay with me.

Over dinner we talked about making a photo journal of my progress. I am tempted to take a picture from the front as well as the side once a month from here until I meet my goal weight. I think that I will take the first pictures this weekend. It will be a little late on the start, but that is okay. I don't think that I have lost any weight between my initial consult and now.

I have to go to a training class for work tomorrow which will be a nice break. I am going with two of my officemates and we decided that we'd go to Olive Garden for lunch for Soup, Salad and Breadsticks. I have already promised myself a bowl of soup, a salad and ONE breadstick, nothing more than that. I'll have to stop at the store on my way to class tomorrow to get some water for the day. I've been averaging 80-110 ounces of water a day and I don't want to miss out on my water.

No comments: