Friday, May 11, 2007

Holy Cow....

I can't believe that there are only 27 days before my surgery, it is just unbelievable. I found out that a co-worker's husband had the surgery and she has been a wealth of knowledge about things that worked for him. I am getting really excited about this next chapter of my life. I can't wait to be healthy enough to have children. To think that in about two years I could be pregnant with my first child is awesome.

My husband and I went out with friends for dinner tonight. They took us to a great Korean place. They lived in Korea for 3 years or so and loved the food. They found this place and raved about it. It was great to try something new. I think that I probably could actually eat there again after surgery. Obviously it would take some time before I was ready but it might actually work! :)

I am still having doubts about telling people. I have only told my parents, aunt & uncle and a few chosen co-workers that can support me when I return to work. I have a serious doubt about telling my close friends one because she probably won't agree and the other because she has more important things on her mind (shhh!! she's pregnant) The one that is pregnant would definitely support me, the other one is a crap shoot. I guess I don't want to worry about having negative vibes going on prior to surgery.

I am going to my first support group meeting on the 24th. One of my friends that has had the surgery is going to go with me so that I don't have to go alone my first time. They are always the 4th Thursday of every month and have added them to my calendar for the rest of the year, with the exception of November because the 4th Thursday is Thanksgiving and December as I am not sure if they would have a meeting the week of Christmas. I am going to make an effort to attend every meeting i n the next year and maybe convince my husband to go to a few!

I have so much to do before the surgery. I have to clean, clean, clean. I am going to start working on that on Sunday. Tomorrow I have to start and hopefully finish the gift I am making my mother for Mother's Day. When Sunday rolls around I will follow the list of chores that need to be done in the next 4 weeks and I plan on completing everything!!!

No comments: