Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Long Week

This week seems to have dragged by. Thank goodness I have tomorrow off. I may complain about working 9 hours a day, but boy is that 2nd Friday of the pay period a blessing in disguise. I have doctor's appointment tomorrow, for once it is just a regular doctor's appointment, nothing to do with my surgery. Hopefully I will be in and out and on to what ever the day brings.

I went out to dinner with my husband tonight. I was relatively good, I use the word relatively because I did have a fair amount of bread with dinner, but I did have a grilled chicken salad for my entree. It was wonderful.

I came home and wanted to crash, but my loving (and pushy) husband made me get on the treadmill. I just got out of the shower after walking 1.3 miles. I'm glad I did. It made me feel much better. The walking must be helping since I weighed myself this morning and was down 3.5 pounds since last Thursday. I'm sure some of it was water weight, but I don't care!!

When I went to the nutritionist she recommended a soy based protein shake or Atkins Advantage Shakes. I figured I better see what I was getting myself into. I bought a pack of the Atkins Advantage Shakes in Chocolate yesterday and I tried one last night. It was tolerable, but it sure wasn't good :( A co-worker's husband had the surgery a year ago and recommended Unjury. Apparently it is very tolerable and they have an unflavored one that you can mix with yogurt, potatoes, pudding, etc. so you can ensure that you are getting enough protein. I ordered some last night. I'll share my opinion after I have tried it.

TTFN

No comments: