Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bye Bye Food

So I sit here less than 12 hours from starting my liquid diet and am a nervous wreck. I had a protein shake for breakfast since nothing else sounded good and I'm worried about what I want for dinner as it is my last "real" meal for a few weeks. I have much to do today but I just want to be left alone and hibernate for the day. I've successfully managed to hide in the basement for the first part of the day and am planning on going back down there to watch "Flushed Away." I started watching the movie around Easter time but have not gotten back to how it ends. I figure if I watch a movie I'll be able to procrastinate for a few more hours.

I need to finish odds n ends cleaning between now and Thursday and go to the store to pick up a few things for my liquid diet today. I need some Sugar Free Jello and Popsicles as well as Oatmeal, Soy Milk and Chapstick. I can't forget a new thing of chapstick for my hospital stay.

I'm nervous, paranoid, excited, and anxious all rolled into one. I'm feeling confident that Aetna will approve my surgery, but I still haven't heard the official ruling. 4 Days and Counting!!!
_________________

Well I did make some progress today. I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom so that they are spotless. I managed to go to Walmart and pick up some last minute items... SF Popsicles, SF Jello and some Low Sugar Soy Milk for after the surgery. I have read through my instructions for the next 3 days as well as for the weeks after surgery and I can tell you that I am thrilled that the information is as detailed as it is and that I have a copy in paper form for when I have questions. I have 3 days of work before my surgery and have to be on a liquid diet from now until then. I hope that I can keep busy and not think about food!!! I'll be drinking juice, water, bouillon and eating SF Jello and SF Popsicles. It could be worse I've heard of doctors making patients be on a liquid diet for 2 or 4 weeks prior to surgery. I can handle 3 days!!!!

On to the pile of laundry calling my name!!!

No comments: