Monday, June 11, 2007

OMG.... I'm Approved :)

Well my phone rang at work at 9am sharp this morning. It was Katie telling me that Aetna approved my surgery. I am so excited I can't even express it in words. I am just thrilled that it went through without a hitch. I was so happy that I sent flowers to Katie with my sincere thanks!!

I started my liquid diet today and am doing okay for now. I have plenty of water, juice, jello and popsicles to get me through the next 3 days. Its about 7:45pm and I survived day one of my liquid diet. I have a slight headache and am a little less spunky than normal but I will make it through. At least I know I won't be dehydrated after 7-16.9 oz bottles of water, 3-6 oz cups of cranberry-raspberry juice (sweetened with splenda), 1-12 oz cup of bouillon and 1 popsicle. I think the hardest part is going to be that I can't drink anything after midnight on the day of surgery and my surgery isn't until about 1pm.

I think that I am going to fall into bed tonight with all the excitement and lack of nourishment.

No comments: