Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Countdown Has Begun....

Well here I sit at 9am and only have 28 hours before my surgery. I'm at work and am wrapping things up for my 2 week "vacation". I decided that I will come back to work on Thursday, June 28th. I'll work that day and then have the 29th off as it is one of our Friday's off. I'll then work July 2nd and 3rd and have the 4th off for Independence Day. I'll work the 5th and 6th and then have the weekend off and then the following week I'll work the 9th through the 12th and have the 13th off as another Friday off. That way I will slowly work my way back into working full time. Something truly amazing happened this morning. I got on the scale and for the first time since we were married I weigh less than my husband does!!! Not that I think a liquid diet is the way to go, but I lost close to 5 pounds from yesterday morning to this morning. I'm very anxious for my official morning of surgery weigh in so that I can update my weight ticker.

Its now 10 am and I am exhausted. I could curl up and go to sleep under my desk. I'm so ready to just have the surgery so I can go to sleep and work my way back to at least protein shakes. I think the no protein is making the biggest difference. I'm also freezing cold, I'd love a big blanket right now!!!

So it is about noon and I'm doing okay. My comprehension level is way down today so hopefully I didn't mess up anything too bad that I've worked on today. I'm hanging in there as I only have about 25 hours left or so. I think once I get settled in at the hospital tomorrow I will be a happy camper, especially with the Valium. I am still tired and sitting at a computer so the two don't really mix. I'm relatively calm currently and hope that this frame of mind continues.

So much for okay. It is now about 1:30 and I am just completely done. I'm tired, I'm getting cranky and I just want to get this done. NOW!!! I'm pretty much set for tomorrow... I just have to get a bag out to put my stuff in. I have to program numbers into my husband's cell phone tonight too so that he knows who to call. I have a few friends and co-workers that would like to hear how things went. The dog was stuck to me this morning so I'm beginning to think that he is more human than dog.... He is definitely concerned. He wanted to go upstairs with me this morning rather than going outside and that never happens. I ended up taking him out so that he would do his business and he dragged me to the cars and was pacing between the doors looking at me like take me with you (and he hates riding in the car). He'll be fine and so will I, it just breaks my heart that I can't explain to him what is going on.

Its only a half an hour later (2pm) but I am feeling somewhat energized. No idea why, but I'm not going to ask. I'm still really looking forward to going home at 4:30 today. I just want to vegetate tonight and do a few odds n ends.

So I am now at 3pm and not giving a crap about much. I'd really like to pack up my things and leave work, but I will try to wait until at least 4pm. I'm definitely still tired and I think the adrenaline of my impending surgery is the only thing getting me through. It definitely isn't sugar that's for sure!!! I'm really looking forward to curling up on the couch with the dog and watching some television when I get home. Quiet time would be good. I've only had water today as nothing else sounds good. I've managed to drink 101 oz. so far today. I think it is because its a habit now to drink instead of eat :)

I've now managed to make it to 3:45 and am planning on leaving at 4pm. I have a date with my couch and dog when I get home. I'm very happy to be having this surgery and I can't wait until I get home after it to start my "new" life.

I did leave at 4pm and I am home now sitting in "my" recliner. I use the term "my" loosely as my dog, a wonderful 16 lb. Jack Russell Terrier, has staked his claim in it... oh well he'll have to learn to share for the next two weeks! I have laundry going as I want to have it all done and put away before I leave for the hospital tomorrow. The nice thing is that I don' t have any dishes to do as I'm not eating anything and my husband tends to eat else were so I don't have to smell it or see it. I have all my stuffed packed for my hospital stay with the exception of my pillow that I'll be taking. Since it a long skinny pillow I have to wash the pillow case tonight as I only made one pillow case for it. Who needs a bunch of long skinny pillow cases?!?!?!?

So I'm now winding down for the day. Its about 7:30pm and I'm getting ready to take a bath and go to bed. I probably won't go to sleep immediately, but I'll watch some television. I had another bottle of water and some jello a little while ago. I'll probably have some more water before I go to be so that I don't feel like I am dehydrated tomorrow. I have to say I am really excited, but I am getting a little nervous. I just hope that all goes well and that I become the healthy person that I want to be. My husband has been running around since he left work doing odds n ends, but right now I just need a hug and him to tell me everything will be okay. Hopefully he'll be home soon and be able to do that for me. I have a load of laundry in the dryer and one in the washer. The only thing that is left after those two loads are a few towels. I'm sure my husband can throw those in later when he gets home. I'll make sure I update my weight ticker prior to leaving tomorrow for the hospital.

No comments: