Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wow... Wow... WOW!!!!

Only 2 days before my surgery. Actually less than that since it is 8:30 pm and my surgery is at 1pm Thursday. So its more like 40.5 hours, not that I'm counting :)

I made it through my second day of liquid diet and I seem to be loosing weight at a tremendous rate. From this morning when I weighed myself until I got home tonight I dropped 2 pounds. That could potentially be part of why I don't feel so good. So I will update my weight on Thursday morning prior to my surgery for my "official" pre-op weight at home.

I went to visit some friends from my quilting circle tonight and had a great time. It definitely took my mind off of eating. However, I'm now at the point that I could give a crap less about food. If I don't eat when I am hungry I usually end up not wanting food at all and that seems to be what is happening now. At work today some of the girls were eating lunch and the thought of even eating anything really made me not feel so hot. I drank a ton of water today and had some jello and popsicles as the bouillon didn't sit well yesterday. I think I am coping really well with not eating.... I haven't cried yet and that is a really good sign.

I've started packing things for the hospital. I have all my personal items (soap, shampoo, deodorant...) and a couple pairs of socks (my feet are always cold) as well as a bathrobe that I can just toss on over my hospital gown. I even have a pair of flip flops to wear while I am pacing the halls!!! I have nice comfy clothes picked out to wear to the hospital and home from it. The only other thing that I really want to take with me is my pillow. I have neck issues and my own pillow will probably help a bunch. I know it will be here soon enough, but man am I anxious and excited!!!

No comments: