Thursday, July 5, 2007

3 Week Post Op Appointment

Well I had my 3 week post op appointment on Tuesday and everything looks great. They told me that after completing calculations the goal weight that they have in mind for me is 169. I told Dr. Graber's PA Laura Buschmann that I was looking to weigh about 145. She was completely fine with that for a personal goal. When I initially met with Dr. Graber he mentioned something about 130 pounds... that scared the crap right out of me. I'm much happier with 169/145. My blood work came back normal and she said I could take the Centrum Chewables rather than those nasty Flinstones vitamins I've been taking.

I went to the store tonight and got some carrots, green beans and acorn squash. I can start eating vegetables on Saturday and I am really excited about it. I also picked up 2 bananas and some eggs to make egg salad. While I was at the store I saw "The Bullet" mixer. I picked it up and will post after I've used it.

I'm trying to avoid becoming obsessed with the scale. My husband will laugh out loud when he reads this as he probably thinks I already am. I'm going to try to weigh myself on the 14th of every month as well as the days my support group meeting falls on. It will end up being about every 2 weeks. I figure that will give me an idea of how I'm doing.

While I was at the doctor's office I asked about working out at the gym. I was told I have to wait another 5 weeks and I can't lift anything over 5 lbs until then either. I know it is best for me to heal, but boy do I feel good and I don't like having limitations. I can at least swim and workout with two pound weights for my arms.

I have to say going back to work has been kicking my butt. I am so tired when I get home at night it is hard to do anything. I did go for a 15 minute walk while I was at work today and went about 1/2 a mile. Maybe tomorrow I will try to do 2 laps in a half an hour.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully it will be pretty quiet and relaxing.

No comments: