Sunday, July 8, 2007

First Bad Day.......

Well I had my first bad day on Friday. I tired and cranky!!! I was asleep by 6pm and didn't get up until 7:15 Saturday morning. Low and behold my monthly visitor showed up later in the day on Saturday. This in itself was really surprising as in the past when I haven't been taking Metformin to help with my insulin levels (and coincidentally make my cycles regular) I don't ever get my monthly visitor. Well even without taking the Metformin it showed up right on schedule..... My poor husband, I bit his head off for something Friday and I feel really bad about it now. I guess its just one of those adjustments to life after surgery.

I have to say this week I've felt fat, fatter than I have in a long time. I think it was probably just because I was bloated. I'm definitely beginning to feel better. I tried baked beans this morning as part of my new food regiment. My pouch really like them. Yesterday I tried egg salad and it was okay, but I definitely couldn't eat the 4 tbsp that I was aiming for. I'm up to the following:

Breakfast: 4 tbsp. protein; 1 tbsp. grain; 1 tbsp. fruit
Lunch: 4 tbsp. protein, 1 tbsp. fruit; 1 tbsp. vegetable
Dinner: 4 tbsp. protein, 1 tbsp. fruit; 1 tbsp. vegetable

This is going to be my menu for the next 3 weeks. I'm happy with it even though I feel like I am eating too much. I haven't been able to eat 6 tbsp. of food at a meal yet, but we'll see. I always eat my protein first. I'm sure I'll get there over the next 3 weeks.

My one month surgiversary is the 14th and I am looking forward to weighing myself then. Hopefully I'll have a little loss to report.

No comments: