Sunday, July 1, 2007

Eggs, Toast, Crackers and Tuna

These are my new favorite foods. I've just started my week 3 diet and am super excited. I've tried limited quantities of each of these foods and they seems to sit very well so far. I have to say I'm using Egg Beaters rather than real eggs as they keep for longer periods of time. My husband is thrilled with eggs for breakfast so he makes them for me :)

I went out to dinner for the first time on Friday night. My aunt and uncle came into town for a relatives birthday party and we went to a great restaurant on a local lake. I was lucky enough to have the broth from their french onion soup and a bit of a baked potato that I mashed w/ margarine. It was wonderful. I wish I could have them make me a vat of the broth and I would be a happy camper.

Saturday I went to a friend camp in the middle of no where. It really is about 30 minutes to anywhere and cell phone service. It was extremely quiet and relaxing. I worked on a quilting project and rested most of the day.

Today my husband and I went to see the movie "Ratatouille" and it was phenomenal. I loved every minute of it. We tried to stop by the jewelry store after the movie but they weren't opened on Sunday. I've decided (and my husband agreed) that I want to get a thin wedding band that I can wear with a ring guard as I get thinner. My wedding band and engagement ring are already too big and I don't want to have them sized until I reach my goal weight. I figure if something happened to my wedding rings I would be devastated so getting a new one for now seems to be the best option. After we came home from the movie my husband, the dog, and I went for a walk. We walked up to my parent's house on the other side of town. It took us about 30 minutes and I did just fine, not too fast, not too slow. Dr. Graber says I should be walking 30 minutes a day by the time I seem him on Tuesday and I don't think I will have a problem reaching that goal.

I'm getting used to packing my breakfast and lunch every time I leave. I tend to have everything laid out the night before so all I have to do is pack it in my insulated container in the morning. Tomorrow I will be up to 2 tbsp. of cottage cheese, yogurt, mashed potatoes, applesauce or oatmeal, plus 1 tbsp. of tuna, eggs, crackers or toast. I can't believe by the end of the week I'll be eating 4 tbsp. of food 3 times a day. It seems like it is an awful lot of food, but I'm following what the doctor says, I don't want to get yelled at!!! :) My parents are planning on taking me out to dinner for my birthday next week and it will be really cool that I'll have more items on my list that I can eat. I'll probably still start with that french onion soup, mmmmmm.

Tomorrow is my first full day back at work and I have to say that I am looking forward to it. I tend to be more structured with my eating and am able to get my water in easily. I'd like to keep pushing the fluids in case that is having any affect on my bowel movements which are few and far between.

No comments: