Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm more than half way to my goal weight :)

I can't believe that I can say that.... I have lost a total of 69.5 pounds since I've started my journey. I have 44.5 left to go to meet Dr. Graber's goal and 68.5 left to go to meet my own personal goal.

So much has happened since my last post. I had just started taking an iron supplement and was still struggling to feel better. As it turns out I don't think I was getting enough water!!! Now that I am drinking 80 oz. plus a day things are much, much better. My blood pressure has dropped significantly. My last two readings were 98/78 and 100/72. I can't complain about that. I also had my cholesterol checked and it went from 226 prior to loosing any weight to 142. Can you believe it?!?!?!?! It is amazing. Now that I am feeling so much better I joined Curves and worked out Friday the 31st and today. They were closed Sat., Sun., and Mon. for Labor Day and I had 3 doctors appointments yesterday so I didn't get a chance to work out. I have to say that I love working out, so much in fact that my husband and I looked at Elliptical machines at Sears today. I told the salesman that I had to think about it, but I have to say that after eating dinner I am gung ho on buying one. I am going to beg my husband to go with me tomorrow after work and get one.

Tonight we dropped off 8 bags of clothes to the Salvation Army. Using their guide of low value dollar amounts I can get a tax write off of $748 already. I'm sure by the time the end of the year comes around I'll have more to donate. I went shopping the other day since I don't have any clothes that fit any more and bought at least 8 shirts. I love them it is so cool to be wearing an 18/20 on top and an 18 on the bottom. I just can't believe it. I also got a pair of size 16 capri's for the remaining hot days that we'll have this year. They were on clearance so I really couldn't go wrong.

I met with a new nutritionist last night and talked to her about what I had going on and how to ensure that I got enough protein in. I really miss the nutritionist that I met with before the surgery, but as she has moved on to bigger and better things I had to try out someone new. I think that she gave me so good information, I just was a little confused about food measurements should they be done by weight or volume. I still am not sure I got a straight answer, however I am definitely taking into consideration her comments and plan to work my butt of for the next 6 weeks until I see her again.

I'm now keeping a food diary that counts everything from calories to sodium to protein. Hopefully this will be a good tool for me to keep updating. I also will be keeping an exercise log on a daily basis to track the levels and time that I am working out. After I get data in them maybe I'll try to post an example for all to see.

I hope this finds everyone well and please, please feel free to comment or ask questions. I want to help anyone that I can :) Have a great night.....

No comments: